This is just a friendly reminder to please practice boating safety.
The OPP is on patrol on Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair and in the Detroit River area reminding boaters to obey the rules.
Did you know that one third of all boating fatalities in Ontario are alcohol related? Alcohol and boating don’t mix and it’s dangerous and a criminal offence to operate a boat.
If you’re interested in more information on boating laws and safety, please check out this handy resource.
Summer time is here! Many of us in Windsor and Essex County are making plans with our ‘summer toys’ – boats, jet-skis, campers, and trailers.
Here are a few important reminders before loading up your toys and heading out for summer fun:
- Check the tire pressure
- Trailer wheel bearings need to be greased/repacked every 10,000 kms or yearly
- Be redundant when attaching your trailer to your vehicle. Ask a friend to double check the connections
- Check that all lights and indicators are functioning properly
- If applicable, be sure your trailer is plated and tagged appropriately
- Review your insurance policies to ensure your summer toys are insured
- Always be mindful of your vehicle’s extended size when using your mirrors, turning, passing and parking
We can be impatient to get on the road and begin our adventures, but take a few moments to be certain you’re hitting the road safely. Also remember if your travelling out of province, ‘yes, you need travel medical insurance‘.
If you have any questions about your camper, boat, RV or motorcycle insurance, please gives us a call – 519-736-8228.
If you’re ready to hit the open road on your motorcycle, launch your boat in the lake, pack up the family and go camping or explore trails on your ATV…
Be sure you’re insured!
You’ll better enjoy all that Windsor and Essex County has to offer, knowing that you, your family and your summer ‘toys’ are protected.
Please feel free to call us anytime for a quote at 519-736-8228, email email@example.com or fill out our online form.