Anyone who has been involved in planning a wedding lately can tell you that they are incredibly expensive. In fact, the average wedding in Canada is now in the range of $35,000 including the honeymoon. Also, in order to get your choice of venue, caterer and photographer you have to put down a deposit almost 2 years in advance.
One thing no one ever wants to think about is, what happens if the wedding doesn’t happen? What happens if the bride or groom gets cold feet? Or any other disaster happens on what should be the happiest day of the couples life? Who’s on the hook to pay for everything or cover the lost deposits?
Until now the cost of a cancelled wedding has always fallen to the bride and groom or their parents but now there is a new product on the market called “Wedding Guard” which is a wedding cancellation insurance product.
Wedding Guard is a unique product that provides financial protection for many things that can go wrong with a couple’s wedding plans. This policy covers:
- Liability coverage for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception
- Reimbursement of deposits paid or contracted to be paid because of the unexpected cancellation of the wedding
- Reimbursement if insured suffers a loss of pre-paid, non-refundable cost of travel due to cancellation of the wedding
- Reimbursement for non-refundable deposits made to providers of wedding services or goods if they suffer financial failure
- Payment of the extra expenses necessary to re-take the photos if they cannot be reproduced for any reason including non-appearance of the photographer
- Coverage for loss or damage to the wedding gown
- Coverage for loss or damage to the wedding presents 24 hours prior to and 24 hours after the ceremony
- Coverage for loss or damage of the wedding bands up to 7 days prior to the wedding
- Coverage for loss or damage to the wedding cake and flowers up to 7 days prior to the wedding
- Coverage for loss or damage to the wedding stationary prior to the wedding, including invitations, RSVP cards, and menus
- Coverage for loss or damage to rented equipment used during the reception. This would include tents, tables, chairs, stages, and audio and video equipment.
Obviously, no one wants to think about the possibility of a problem on their wedding day, but after spending tens of thousands of dollars on a single day it would make sense to spend a few dollars more for the peace of mind knowing that there would be coverage available if the worst were to happen.
If wedding bells are in your future, call Gibb Insurance Brokers so that we can explain this unique and versatile coverage. 519-736-8228